Composite Testing Lab
DSA has a fully equipped laboratory that is able to test the raw resin materials through to finished products such as pipes and tanks.
The range of resin testing includes:
- Resin viscosity to ASTM D2196 using a rotational viscometer
- Resin percent solids/Styrene percentage to ASTM D2369
- Resin Density /Specific gravity to ASTM D639 using a pycnometer
- Resin gel times at a range of temperatures.
- Chemical analysis, eg acid number, by titration.
The range of composite testing includes:
- Relative density to ASTM D792
- Glass content to ISO 1172, including forensic deconstruction.
- Tensile strength, elongation and modulus to ASTM D638
- Hardness to ASTM D2583
- Flexural strength and modulus to ASTM D790