Mechanical and Structural Design
DSA’s long history with mechanical design is demonstrated with much DSA designed equipment still in service today.
With a strong background in material compatibility and understanding of advanced design techniques, we are able to efficiently provide detailed designs.
We use a combination of specialised composite software and Finite Element Packages to provide solutions to non standard problems.
Our structural design experience includes:
- Odour covers
- Vent stacks
- Blast doors
- Custom beam design
- Pumping System
- Pipeline Design Engineering and Analysis to AS 2885, EN 13480, ISO 14692
- Piping Engineering and Analysis to AS 4041, ASME B31.1, B31.3
- Plant Design and 2D and 3D Layout
- Pressure Vessels Design Engineering and Analysis
- Tank Design Engineering and Analysis
- Jack up, FPSO and fixed leg offshore equipment and facilities engineering
- Heat transfer model for pipe with conductive, convective and radiant modes
- Heat transfer through flat and tubular plates calculation
- Analysis of custom made mining process, operations and maintenance equipment per AS3990
- Design of foundations including reactors, equipment and tank farm
- Analysis and design of plant structures, technological platforms, pipe racks & supports
- Development of specification and work packs
- Design of retaining walls, water tanks and pits
- Design and analysis of structures supporting mining equipment and platforms